Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Pop-up Book of Phobias by Gary Greensburg


I saw this book at Barnes and Noble the other day and thought it was hilarious. I just had to share...

Arachnophobia: The fear of spiders. (this is one of my personal fears)


Glossophobia: The fear of public speaking (also one of my personal fears)

Acrophobia: The fear of heights

Mysophobia: The fear of germs

Thanatophobia: The fear of death

Coulrophobia: The fear of clowns.


Dentophobia: The fear of dentists.

There was another page on claustrophobia, the fear of closed spaces, and it made you feel like you were in a crowded elevator. Even the page wouldn't open all the way to increase the sensation of being closed in. It was a pretty brilliant page and I'm sad I couldn't find a picture of it. Pretty awesome book!

I feel funny giving this a rating, seeing as how it's so different from the books I usually write about on this blog. But still, this was pretty amazing and it gave me a good laugh. As far as pop-up books go, I think this one takes the cake.

5 out of 5 stars

3 comments:

  1. Ok, beautiful book, but horrible idea! I mean, that clown page is going to give me nightmares now!

    and fyi: today, I acquired my very own library card! I may just have to start using your blog as a reference of good tales to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I hope you don't get nightmares from the clown page, Lara! Congrats on getting a library card! Let me know what books you end up reading.

    ReplyDelete