Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gone by Lisa McMann


The final installment of the "Wake" trilogy. Was horrible.

And then.

It sucked some more. I wanted to die.

Dead.

Gone.

Ok, enough imitation of Lisa McMann's writing style. If the above made you want to cry and rip your hair out, that's how I felt while reading this book. We continue on Janie's story of being a dreamcatcher (see my reviews of "Wake" and "Fade" for more info) and in this book she meets her biological dad, who turns out to be a dreamcatcher too. Surprise! There was nothing new or very interesting added to this book; it was written in the same, annoying style as the first two in the series, but by this time my patience was wearing quite thin. Sentence fragments really irritate me, especially when I think the author is writing that way just to try and sound cool and fit in with all them hip teenagers out there. I enjoyed the first book of the series, Wake, even though the broken sentences were annoying; and even Fade was interesting enough to balance out my annoyance. But there wasn't a whole lot to look forward to in Gone, and I was truly happy that it was a short and fast read and that I finished it quickly. I definitely would NOT recommend this series finale.

1.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment