Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Gift by Cecelia Ahern


I'm a big fan of Cecelia Ahern. I think she comes up with the most fascinating ideas for her stories. I don't always love how she resolves the conflicts in her books, but she is a beautiful story-teller and has such creative ideas. This book was not my favorite of her books but it was definitely worth reading.

The Gift tells a story about a workaholic who has been unfaithful to his wife, a lousy father to his 2 small children, and generally cares about the wrong things in life. He meets a homeless man outside his work building and gives him a job in the mail room. This homeless man helps him take a look at himself and make some difficult changes with his life.

This was a nice story, well told, reminding us all about what is truly important: family, friends, and being a good person. Definitely would recommend this story to others!

3.5 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. ok i finally read it! It only took me 3 days, which is impressive with my pace. I personally loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete