Monday, June 17, 2013

Hot Money by Dick Francis

Wow, I have been super neglectful of my blog. I've read several books since I last posted so now I get to review them all at once.

Hot Money was recommended by my aunt and I checked it out because I trust her opinion, even though it looked really different from the stuff I usually read. Turns out I should read "different" stuff more often because this was a really entertaining book! It's sort of a classic murder mystery who-dunnit book and I was guessing until the very last chapter. There are a lot of characters, aka suspects, and the author does a good job at making each one seem like the potential killer. Since it's been a couple months since I read it, I can't remember the character names, but the story is centered on an extremely wealthy man who has been married 5 times and has now-grown children from 4 of his marriages. His most recent wife has been murdered and now the killer is coming after him. The only person he trusts is his (I think youngest) son, who helps protect him and discover who is trying to take his life and his money.

I highly recommend this read, especially if you're looking for a good mystery!

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment