Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs


Ah, now this was a fun series! My aunt recommended these so I put them on my list for future reading. Then my parents went to visit her in California and she sent my mom back with the first 3 paperbacks to give me, so they got bumped to the top! Once I started reading I didn't want to stop. Now, don't misinterpret me--these are not amazingly well-written, sophisticated stories. But they are a whole lot of fun and I enjoyed them immensely.

Our heroine is a one Mercy Thompson, a shifter who can change into a coyote. Abandoned as a child by a teenage mother who had no idea what to do with a coyote pup, Mercy was raised by a pack of werewolves in rural Montana. As an adult, Mercy lives in the tri-cities Washington area and works as a mechanic in her own garage. Despite her best efforts, Mercy can't seem to keep herself out of trouble. Throughout the series she has run-ins with vampires, fae, ghosts, demons, Native American monsters, government conspiracies, and even her own werewolves.

With plenty of action and a healthy splash of romance, these books kept me thoroughly entertained. Book 6 got a little sleepy, but the rest were great. Really, the only negative for me was the somewhat promiscuous book covers. Not that I really mind for myself, but it was a little embarrassing to read these at the gym or have people come over to my house and wonder what the heck I'm reading. The covers are a whole lot more suggestive than the actual reading material. Overall, fun books! Thanks Aunt Mary!

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment