Monday, June 30, 2014

Dangerous by Shannon Hale

I am currently experiencing an extremely rare moment when my newborn and my toddler are asleep at the same time. Highly unusual because my toddler doesn't nap anymore (man, grocery shopping really wiped her out today!) and my newborn rarely sleeps anywhere but my arms, so this post will be quick.

Just finished this new book by Shannon Hale, my favorite author, this morning. Quite different from anything else she's done but as usual it was very entertaining. Dangerous stars a girl named Maisey Danger Brown, an intelligent home-schooled girl with only one arm who wins a trip to an astronaut camp from a contest off the back of a cereal box. Camp turns out to be something more than the standard, and she and 4 others are gifted with supernatural powers, intended for them to save the world from an alien invasion.

Yes, very different from Hale's typical fairy tale, happily ever after stories. Lots of action and plot twists. I was engaged for the entire ride. Definitely recommend!

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment