Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Firefight by Brandon Sanderson

I've been on a bit of a writing hiatus; not reading; no, never reading. Only writing. I'm not the hugest fan of writing but I never take much of a break from reading! Firefight, by Brandon Sanderson, is the second installment in the Reckoners series. As a general rule I don't read books until the series is complete because I very much hate waiting for the next part of the story. I'm not a patient enough person for that. But my sister-in-law, whose taste in literature closely resembles mine, read the first one (Steelheart) and implored me to do the same. It only took a few pages before I was hopelessly hooked, and now I wait over a year for each book like a sucker. But really, these books are totally worth it. They are an awesome blend of fantasy, super-powers, the conflict between good and evil, and there's just enough of a love story to keep my inner girl happy. Oftentimes, the second installment of a trilogy (and I do believe this is meant to be a trilogy, but I could be wrong) ends up being somewhat of a dud, but Firefight is just as exciting as Steelheart. I loved it. You should go read them both, even though you'll have to wait until March 2016 its conclusion. But trust me, you won't regret it!

4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment