Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fade by Lisa McMann


Fade by Lisa McMann, sequel to Wake. This story picks up right where Wake left off and was very similar in themes and writing style. This was a quick and fun read and got me through a few days of dreary work.

Janie and Cabel are still working for the police as undercover agents in their high school. They are put on an assignment to find a sexual predator amongst the faculty by using their unique talents. Janie used her dreamcatching ability to help solve the case. Go Janie!

Fade had a pretty simple plot with no real twists but it was still fun. Just like in Wake, the writing style bugged me after awhile. The author uses a bunch of random sentence fragments that get under my proper grammar loving skin. I'll be reading the next book in the series as soon as I get it from the library, though I'm not sure when that will happen. I currently have a few other books checked out that I'm going to work on first. Always happy reading!

3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment